Friday, February 17, 2006

Grady - Y.U. So Shady?


During the 1990s, Big Sugar was a great Canadian blues-rock ensemble from Toronto, Ontario. They were huge favorites on the college campuses and I still listen to their CDs all the time. Their catalog makes a great playlist for the clinic.

Check out these two tunes from their Hit and Run - Greatest Hits album (Real Time Player required).
I Want You Now
Three Minute Song

After Big Sugar called it a career (last show was December 23, 2003), founding member Gordie "Grady" Johnson relocated to Austin, Texas. Gordie formed a new band - cleverly called Grady and released a terrific new album in 2004.

The band has won a bunch of local awards since the release and apparently are in the process of shooting a video.

Many in the U.S. still have not heard of Big Sugar or Grady. I haven't seen them mentioned on the blogs I visit now and then, but the time has arrived to give these bands (R.I.P. Big Sugar) their due!

Have a listen to Grady's tunes from the Y.U. So Shady? LP.
Hammer in My Hand
Woman Got My Devil

Y.U. So Shady? is available on Emusic.

Can't wait for the next album!

Big Sugar Homepage
Grady Homepage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home