Saturday, February 18, 2006

The Sam Roberts Band - New Album in 2006


For the holidays, my brother and his wife gave me a copy of Sam Roberts' last CD, We Were Born In A Flame.

With so much garbage polluting the corporate driven radio air waves, its refreshing to hear straight forward albeit well harmonized rock. After a couple of listens, I was hooked.

Hailing from Montreal, Quebec, Sam Roberts has put together a great sounding rock band. The lyrics are well written and I've haven't gotten tired of listening to the album since I got it for Christmas.

The band has been receiving its props since winning a few Juno Awards (Canadian version of the Grammy Awards). I haven't seen them play live but looking at the videos, it looks like they put on a crowd pleasing performance.

So far, they have appeared (videos available) on The Tonight Show and The Late Late Show with Adam Carolla.

I'm looking forward to the new album Chemical City apparently scheduled for release on April 11, 2006.

The following songs are available for download:
Brother Down
Rarefied
When Everything Was...
On The Run

Reward yourself and give these tunes a listen.

The Sam Roberts Band Homepage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home